Since the school year is winding down, Huntingdon Special School District Board of Education members only had minimal items of business to take care of at the April 19 meeting.
Board chairman Lee Carter was granted approval to run for the northwest seat on the Tennessee School Boards Association board.
Alexander Thompson Arnold CPA firm was hired again as auditors for the 2018-2019 school year.
“The cost this year is $17,300,” said Director of Schools Pat Dillahunty. “”That’s the same amount as last year.”
In other business, board members:
• Acknowledged the resignation of high school educational assistant Jennifer Matte.
• Granted a request by teachers Jeaneen Blakeman and Summer Tippitt to use the primary school on May 29-June 1 for Super Summer Science.
• Approved a field trip for the high school band students to go to Six Flags Over Missouri on May 21.
• Passed a procurement plan for the Child Nutrition Program.
• Agreed for the next board meeting to be held May 17 at 7 a.m.
• Adopted textbooks for the 2018-2019 school year.
• Approved the March balance sheets and minutes from he March 12 meeting.